How to Clean Inside Car Windows
Picture this: You’ve scrubbed and scrubbed the outside of your windshield, but the scenery is still blurry after all that Windex and elbow grease. What should you do? Even if you’re diligent about cleaning the outside of your car, you might not know how to clean inside car windows properly.
But the good news is that you’re just minutes away from a clear view of ! Find out what you’ll need for a thorough clean with LAcarGUY. If your car has seen better days after camping or surfing, here’s how to give it a little TLC!
Tools of the Trade
Before you get to work, you’ll need to gather some tools for the job:
- Microfiber towel
- Glass cleaner
- Rubbing alcohol
- Glass cleaner
- Glass polish (optional)
We recommend a microfiber towel over paper towels to avoid leaving streaks and fibers behind. A microfiber leaves the most professional finish and these inexpensive cloths can be used over and over again.
Can You Use Windex on Car Windows?
Windex is one of the most popular glass cleaners, but is it safe for your car? The answer is yes, but there are a few things to consider before you start spraying:
- While some claim that Windex will damage tinted windows, there is no evidence that it will harm factory-tinted glass.
- If your windows were tinted by a third party, you may want to play it safe and avoid it – since the process varies from business to business.
- Be careful to avoid Windex on your leather seats, which can cause damage and discoloration.
How to Clean Car Windshield
So, how do you clean a car windshield like a pro in your very own garage?
- Use your dry microfiber cloth to wipe down the glass to remove surface dirt and debris.
- Spray glass cleaner on the cloth and wipe down the inside of the glass.
- Apply rubbing alcohol to another clean microfiber and wipe down the glass to break down grease.
- Finish with a final round of glass cleaner with vertical motions to avoid streaks and apply glass polish if you’d like.
Learn More with LAcarGUY
From detailing to inspections to maintenance and more, our LAcarGUY dealerships will bring out the very best in your vehicle. Contact us for more information about washing your car, or stop by to chat with our experts.