The Toyota Mirai: A Revolution in Fuel Cell Vehicles and Hydrogen Cars
The Toyota Mirai is one of the first mass market fuel cell vehicles to be offered to drivers in Los Angeles. As a hydrogen car, it produces electrical power without a single ounce of fossil fuels – and the only thing that comes out of its exhaust pipe is water vapor. Read on to learn more about the history of this revolutionary technology and how Toyota’s innovative engineering team has devised a way to bring it to market. You’ll also learn more about what makes the Mirai so remarkable. Click here for more information.
The History of Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle Technology
The development of hydrogen fuel cell technology was a long and highly complex process. Toyota’s ability to scale up the production of this technology has led to the creation of the Mirai – a one-of-a-kind automobile that runs on hydrogen fuel and kicks out water vapor. But why should drivers in the Los Angeles area be paying attention? There are a number of reasons why a hydrogen automobile is likely to be superior to anything else available on the market today, and we’ll explain exactly why in the coming sections. The end result of this innovative manufacturing process, technology development, engineering, and assembly is the creation of a viable means of transportation that does not run on fossil fuels.
How Toyota Created the 2017 Mirai’s Cutting-Edge Technology
To create the Mirai, Toyota took the latest developments in hydrogen fuel cell technology and combined them with the aesthetics, innovations, and designs of modern supercars. Without a doubt, the new Mirai is one of the most remarkable vehicles of its kind – and it’s coming to a dealership near you. Read on to learn more about the science behind this revolutionary technology and why the Mirai represents the cutting-edge of automotive evolution.
The Science Behind Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles
If you’re curious about what makes Toyota’s hydrogen technology so revolutionary, be sure to read read this section. Let’s jump right into the nitty-gritty of hydrogen technology:
- Wide Variety of Energy Sources: Fossil fuels can only be produced from a few basic chemicals and compounds – primarily, crude oil, natural gas, and coal. Hydrogen, on the other hand, can be produced from practically any major energy source. This high availability adds a major sustainability component to the fuel cell vehicle proposition.
- Decentralization of Energy Production: A process known as hydrolysis enables renewable power facilities to store hydrogen. The beneficial effects of this process are manifold: improved energy sustainability, reduced energy risk (particularly in isolated regions), and returning electrical power to the grid.
- Easy Transportation and Storage: One of the key issues with existing renewable electrical sources is their distinct lack of robustness when it comes production fluctuations. Volatility is very common, especially in wind and solar since the wind is not always sufficiently powerful to generate electricity, and the sun doesn’t shine for a large portion of a 24-hour period. Hydrogen can be stored and transported to combat this volatility.
The Benefits of a Fuel Cell Vehicle
Ultimately, the question you’re probably asking yourself is why drivers should seriously consider hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. Here are three key reasons why you should be paying close attention to this new technology:
- Superb Convenience: When compared to an electric vehicle, a FCV can get you where you want to go over long ranges with super-fast refueling times measured in minutes rather than hours.
- Environmental Friendliness: As a low-carbon vehicle, the Mirai can drive environmental progress by reducing emissions. Both the planet and your conscience will thank you as you cruise down the highway with the Mirai’s fantastic acceleration and performance capabilities.
- High-End Performance: With a cruising range that’s on par with more traditional fossil fuel vehicles, the Mirai is capable of keeping up with the best of them while keeping refueling times to a minimum – about three minutes, to be precise.
Want Your Very Own Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle? Apply for the 2017 Mirai Today!
To learn more about the 2017 Mirai and how drivers in Santa Monica and Hawthorne can get their hands on one today, be sure to get in touch with us at Toyota Santa Monica. To learn more, feel free to contact us online or give us a call at 424-645-1268. To visit us in person, head on down to 801 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA.